Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Changing Your Life One Byte at a Time


Cool Tools
There are just so many cool gadgets for computers! Now I have to admit that my own computer habits are not exactly cutting edge. I wait for my colleague Mike to try things out and then show me how they work. But that doesn't stop me from being wowed by really really clever tools. There's Ning for creating your own social network, Wikispaces for creating your wikis, Audacity for audio production and ...if you're still reading this why not go to Jane Hart's site for Top Tools for Learning 2009. There are separate lists for learning professionals and for "learners" (everyone else?). The descriptions and comments are uniformly well-informed and the rest of the site is also worth exploring. Some of the tools cost money, but most seem to be free. And if you discover some awesome product, please let us know via comments.
--RL

No comments: